Shibobo is on this weekend!

Shibobo weekend tournament will take place this weekend.
Contact Boasa Robert for more details.
email: boasa.robert@maruapula.org

Friday, January 29, 2010

Breaking Barriers: Performance Anxiety




Some of the effective ways of overcoming performance anxiety is by being calm and establishing a ‘control room’. Sven Groan Erikson has more…
“Football is fast sport which leads to inner mental pace. So players in pressured situations not being calm enough do the opposite of what is expected of them; names such as Pele, Zidane and Beckham posses this natural ability of inner calm and control. This is simply because of their confidence to resist being controlled by their opponents, mass media and the public. We can build our own control room and run it as the tightest of ships. It would be very crucial to think as follows:

‘In here, I say what goes’
‘I am the master in my room’
‘I am strong in my room’
‘I am secure in my room’
‘I am not bothered by what the opponent does’
‘I control my technique’

Adapted from Sven Groan Eriksson on Football. some sections have been edited.

No comments:

Post a Comment